The study of palm is called as Palmistry. It is quite interesting study. Palmistry involves the study to observe the shape of palm, color, lines as well as the length of the fingers. In other words, palmistry means palm reading or hand prediction to learn a person’s traits, fortune and future. It is also called Chiromancy. The one who practices palmistry is palmist or palm reader. In fact, palmistry not only means reading of one’s hand or palm, it also involves the reading of arm, finger and fingernail.
People use it as a way to know good or bad luck. They believe that palmistry can help them learn about their life and know more about themselves. By reading one’s palm, hand shape and size, finger length and fingernail, one can judge his traits, health, wealth and many more aspects.
History of Palmistry
Palmistry has origins in many areas. It is said that the palmistry has its roots in Indian, Chinese astrology as well as Roman fortune-telling. According to Brahmanism and many mural relics in India, palmistry was famous in ancient India. In China, palmistry also has a long history. Since the Zhou Dynasty (1046-256 BC) which is about three thousand years ago, it has been overruled. The first systematic work of palmistry in China arose in the Western Han Dynasty (206 BC – 9 AD). It was known to be a part of the physiognomy.
What Actually Palmistry Indicates?
Palmistry specifies and indicates generally four aspects. These four aspects are:
1. Inherent Situation: It includes Family background and Resources.
2. Work and Personal Relations: It indicates the relationship between parents at home. And colleagues at work place.
3. Physical Situation: It indicates about the one’s physical health.
4. Fate and Luck: Indicates about one’s fate, traits and characteristics.
Which to Consider: Left hand or Right Hand?
Most people have queries related to each hand. They think that choice of wrong hand can affect the palmist’s decision.
In palmistry, the left hand links to inborn information while the right hand links to postnatal data. The right hand is in high priority in the palmist’s estimates. To be clearer, the right palm is used to know 80% of a reading and the left palm determines the other 20%.
Overall, when performing palmistry, a palmist uses the right palm and then adds or subtracts from the data according to the data from the left palm. Do notice that both of your hands play great role in hand reading. But one is powerful and the other is passive. The left hand usually indicates what you were born with physically and the right hand tells what you become after grown up. So, the right hand is effective in palm reading and the left for supplement.
Lines on palm:
There are mainly five lines on Palm. These five lines are:
- Life line: Life line is also known as the “earth line”. It lengthens around the thumb and it tells about health and physical clout.
- Wisdom line: It is also known as the “human line”. It extends from the middle of the thumb and index finger to the palm’s other side. It tells about mentality and personality.
- Love line: Another name of Love line is the “heaven line”. It extends under the little finger to the index finger. It tells about love life and attitude.
- Fate line: This is a “career line”. It extends from wrist to the middle finger. It tells about one’s fortune and career.
- Marriage line: It’s a line between the love line and the little finger. It tells about relationships and marriage.
Wrinkles on Palm
There are mainly three types of wrinkles. These three wrinkles are:
- Cross Wrinkle: It’s the crossing of two lines in the palm. The reading of wrinkles vary with different parts of the palm.
- Star Wrinkle: It’s the juncture of three or more lines. The meaning depend on their position.
- Island Wrinkles: It is the combination of five lines. It normally has a bad meaning and the particular information depends on which line the wrinkle is on.
Don’t Get Addicted:
Consider Palmistry rationally. It’s not important to get addicted to reading of palms in order to know your character or future. Palmistry has very volatile traits. It often changes by many factors. Try to solve your problems by making a good effort. Do not believe so much in “luck arrangement”.