Astrology is a study of impact of cosmic objects such as stars and planets on human lives. The movements and positions of cosmic objects act as source to derive information. The position of the cosmic objects at the time of person’s birth define their personality and traits. They also affect their relationships and judge their future.
The person who uses astrology to predict others character is astrologist. They often see what zodiac sign each planet was in at the time of person’s birth. The planets and signs blend with other elements, to form a specific data of a person’s personality.
Origin and History of Astrology
It is said that astrology is the oldest form of prediction in the world. Solon, the Greek historian, wrote that astronomical data was being noted nine thousand years before he was born. If this is true, people have been interested in astrology for at least eleven thousand years.
Many regions such as India and China have attached importance to astronomical events. There are chances that astrology possibly originated in Mesopotamia. At that time astrologers saw that groups of stars, moved around the sky together. However, five of them moved independently. They called them “wanderers.” Today we call them as planets. Astrologers considered them gods and named them Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. Uranus was discovered in 1781, Neptune in 1846, and Pluto in 1930. They also saw the movements of the Sun and Moon, which helped in understanding astrology more.
Astrologers noticed that people who were born at a particular time had a great things in common. Even though every person is exclusive, these people shared many of the same feelings. This made astrologers to construct horoscope charts for every person.
Types of Astrology
Let’s go through different branches of application.
- Humanistic: Assists people who want self-awareness and predictions for their future.
- Esoteric: Focuses on the spiritual side of interpretation.
- Relationship: Deals with the energy between two people in relationship.
- Vocational: Focuses on assisting the client.
- Mundane: Covers political events, wars, countries and global changes.
- Horary: Branch of answering questions and finding lost items.
Some of other types are Rectification, Sports, Medical and a lot more.
The Four Groups
There are 12 zodiac signs. These are divided into four groups. Each group contains three of the signs. The groups are named after the four nature elements.
The four elements are building blocks of the universe. The elements are fire, earth, air, and water. They express the crucial nature of the different signs.
- Fire: It includes Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius. Fire is optimistic, energetic, inspirational, courageous, passionate, and initiating.
- Earth: It includes Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn. Earth is responsible, ambitious, dependable, solid, and persevering.
- Air: It includes Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius. Air is restless, independent, impractical, intellectual, and trusting.
- Water: It includes Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces. Water is forgiving, emotional, intuitive and spiritual.
Do note that the Sun is the power and force behind the solar system. Without it, life cannot exist. Sun represents motivation, creativity, and even popularity. It indicates individuality and personality.
Even if you do not know about astrology, by knowing your sun sign you can find about yourself. Do note that astrological predictions that come in newspapers are based on the Sun signs.